The Friends of Three Bridges Primary
As a parent or carer of a child in our school you are automatically welcomed as a member of the ‘Friends of Three Bridges Primary School’. The Friends are extremely important to us – as well as helping us to have a fun and have an informal relationship with our parents they also raise additional income through fundraising to help provide added extras that the school budget cannot stretch to.
The Friends are central to the life of our school and have two aims:
- To advance the education of our children by helping to provide additional facilities through fundraising activities,
- To strengthen the relationships between school staff and parents through social events.
How can I get involved?
You can make a real difference through supporting our events and activities during the planning and running of the event. We have jobs of varying sizes that can be performed by anyone. Such as:
- Getting involved in organising the event e.g. booking a disco, wrapping up lucky dip presents
- Coming up with new fundraising ideas
- Helping at events with tasks such as setting up tables, making tea, running a stall, clearing away or marshalling a bouncy castle!
- Coming along and supporting the event with your family and friends
It is easy to get involved; here’s how:
- Come to one of our informal meetings as advertised
- Ask a teacher or the School Office how you can help
- Check out the Friends' Faces page for your class representative
- Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Committee Member Duties
- Helps to plan and organise Friends events
- Ensures all jobs have been delegated appropriately to Committee and Friends members
- Supports decisions on Friends events
- Liaises with the Senior Leadership Team to plan events and resolve any problems
- Communicates regularly with parents and carers of the school (there is a Friends' update on the Weekly Newsletter)
- Takes minutes for Friends' meetings
- Creates and sends out meeting agendas
- Co-ordinates communications with the Charity Commission
- Arranges floats for each event
- Pays expenses to volunteers for equipment bought on behalf of the Friends
- Keeps all records (receipts/ invoices) of total money raised and spent for Friends (Jan-Dec) each year
- Liaises with the School Business Manager to order or purchase equipment
- Banks money and deals with any bank account issues
Email address for parents wishing to pay for Friends related events: email@example.com